Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 700 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation’s growth, we are looking to develop a world class digital and e-commerce capability. Building on our strong data foundations, we are looking to create an agile and truly customer-centric organisation to deliver significant growth. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a Data Analyst for Commercial, you will use data from both physical and digital channels to develop a robust understanding of the performance of our business. You will be a critical partner for our commercial leaders.
What you'll be doing
● Developing a unified view of the businesses commercial performance, from end-to-end
● Collaborating with all internal teams to increase the efficiency and productivity of operations by harnessing data to simplify, improve UX, automate workflows, reduce errors and accelerate time-to-value
● Generating actionable insights from data and championing their use to drive value
● Predicting and forecasting potential outcomes, to support business proactivity
● Providing data-driven recommendations to optimise productivity, value and delight customers
● Working with business leaders to identify new opportunities to generate value
● Working with the core data team to operationalise and deliver impact through data products
● Championing the growth of trustworthy data critical to commercial operations
● Keeping your knowledge up to date via training and on the job learning
● Being a positive ambassador of the broader data organisation and culture
● Using data and analytics to drive rapid growth
● Understanding our customers, their behaviours, experiences and purchases, to enable growth in their lifetime value
● Providing insights on all business aspects (Sales, Marketing, E-commerce, CRM, Supply Chain, Finance) and market trends (regional and global) that will support business plans development and new brand acquisitions
What you'll need to succeed
● Demonstrated technical expertise with the ability to get clear value out of data
● Ability to prioritise business needs and focus on the highest impact opportunities
● Talent to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike
● Willingness to do some foundational “heavy lifting” in automating reporting and dashboarding, to enable business users to self-serve, prior to accelerating value through advanced techniques
● First-hand experience of advanced analytics / machine learning concepts and techniques and their application to business decisions and value creation, using tools like Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI
● Ability to interpret business questions and provide solutions through appropriate analytics models
● (Desirable) Experience of Google Cloud Platform, Google Big Query, Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Looker software, as well as Oracle BI
● The curiosity and hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.