Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, we deliver excellence every day! Working as a Senior Demand Planner you will be responsible for planning and forecasting future sales based on historical data, marketing & commercial inputs, current trends and customer/store plans. You will also be responsible for full ownership of the ordering process based on sales predications.
- You will... follow-up on escalated cases /issues/questions of team members to ensure they are closed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Manage the execution of accurate and timely forecast and demand plan from suppliers to customers/stores
- Manage the execution of accurate and timely forecast based sales history and gathered information from marketing & commercial
- Adhere to inventory guidelines and provide closed loop feedback regarding forecast trends and accuracy
- Recommend forecasting model/tools targeting optimal forecast accuracy defined by Operations Manager
- Use all current and historical information/market trends to develop SKU level demand plan – maintained on a weekly/monthly basis
- Develop key metrics and measurement for Operations Manager to facilitate effective decision making
- Act as the “head light” of the Group relating to demand/supply issues
- Drive the Sales & Operation process and meetings; align demand plan with sales budget/forecasts; present, solicit and assess feedback on the various sales plans; lead discussions and challenge discrepancies to ensure sales forecasts and demand plans accurately reflect expectations
- Manage the ordering process from budget to return to vendor and work closely with the team in charge of executing the orders
- Challenge inventory control activities
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What you'll need to succeed
- University Degree Business Administration or any related quantitative fields/ CPIM, CISP, SCM Certifications are a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in a similar role
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.