Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 700 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation’s growth, we are looking to develop a world class digital retail and supply chain capability. Building on our strong data foundations, we are looking to create an agile and truly customer-centric organisation to deliver significant growth. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Our Head of Retail & Supply Chain Technology and Delivery will be working as part of the Group Technology function. You will work with our Business Technology Partners and key business stakeholders to support cross-functional transformation programmes and key Technology projects across the group.
You will be a game changer, building relationships, managing multiple stakeholders and communicating conﬁdently and eﬀectively at all levels of the organisation. You will demonstrate high emotional intelligence and possess excellent inﬂuencing skills. This role will work in tandem with the Business Technology Partners to understand the Technology needs of the business and verticals and create innovative solutions that are customer centric and drive business value, purpose and growth.
You are responsible for creating and implementing the Technology strategy and direction for the Group’s Retail and Supply Chain business domain. In doing so, product evaluation, technology impact assessment, project blueprints and HLD, functional design oversight and application of standards to projects / applications are key facets of daily interactions and activities with cross functional agile product and delivery teams. The successful candidate will work collaborating with key business stakeholders in commercial, Joint- venture, Retail and Supply Chain domains in the group as well as external delivery partners. They will interact with delivery teams to validate and construct solution designs across enterprise systems and will participate in delivery projects to perform compliance checks and ensure product quality and alignment with Technology processes.
You must possess strong communication skills and be highly organized in your approach to daily tasks. You will have previous experience in soGware and hardware implementation projects and a proven track record in delivering key initiatives in the retail and supply chain sector following industry best practice and tools. Furthermore, you will have a sustained track record managing and working with Senior Stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertake high level technical architecture & design oversight of the Retail & Supply Chain products working with product development teams both onshore/oﬀshore and 3rd parties.
- Understand and have a good working knowledge of retail and supply chain business landscapes as well as a familiarisation of processes within the retail and supply chain domains cross industry
- Responsible for the design, execution and delivery of products and technology, delivering them through an Agile methodology and product teams
- Act as the focal point and ultimately the Technology leader for all Retail and Supply Chain Technology solutions, advising your stakeholders on the Technology roadmap as well as the wider Group Technology roadmap across the Technology Leadership Team
- Partner with business subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technology solutions & strategic direction.
- Ensure solutions delivered comply with the long-term strategic roadmap for the Retail and Supply Chain domain.
- Present the progress of the Retail & Supply Chain Technology roadmap to the exec board at the Monthly Retail & Supply Chain Technology Board (which you will Chair).
- Present and evaluate high level product strategy at a technology governance forum to ensure strategic ﬁt and alignment to the overarching Group Technology strategy.
- Identify opportunities for innovation & support the development and delivery of the Business Technology Partners strategy and roadmap.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Undergraduate degree in the following disciplines Computing, Engineering or Mathematics
- A solid background and experience in the Retail and Supply Chain domain
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required working in technology related environments as a Head of Technology, Technical Architect, Functional Consultant
- Experience delivering and managing complex solutions (multi-platform, multi-technology, 3rd parties).
- A strong background in diﬀerent technologies focusing on consumer and business applications and should know and understand a variety of diﬀerent technologies and frameworks.
- Ideally the candidate should have a technology related academic and professional background.
- Experience in the application of technology to business processes and to have a good understanding of Retail and Supply Chain as an industry sector.
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall soGware development lifecycles.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and lead amongst diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in retail systems such as ERP, WMS and other supply chain systems.
- Experience working on integration technologies and a good understanding of API design patterns and frameworks, micro services, API gateways, API security etc.
- Hands on delivery experience in delivery frameworks - Agile and Waterfall
- Possess a strong technical and functional experience in Retail and Enterprise applications, such as Oracle Retail, Oracle EBS, SAP Retail, warehouse management, order management etc.
- Background as a pure player or luxury, branding and fashion
- Understanding of the Middle East markets and key players knowledge is preferable
- Strong leadership and collaboration with senior stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business value creation
- Ability to design, create, execute and delivery Technology roadmaps and demonstrate ROI
- Holistic strategic thinker on all things Technology
- Ability to manage teams and work in a fast paced, agile environment
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.