Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
As Compliance Manager for Chalhoub group you will oversee the business integrity programs. In this position, your role will ensure Chalhoub Group has the structure to develop and maintain effective ethics and compliance programs. You will oversee enquiries of highly complex employee matters, including Ethics, executive and other escalations and complaints/formal grievances within the group in order to thoroughly fact find, resolve the issue(s), and mitigate risk.
Please note that this is not a finance-related role.
- Act as steward for all aspects of the Chalhoub Group Code of Ethics including oversight, enforcement, maintenance, training, communication and interpretation
- Drive "Speak Up" Platform (the groups internal platform for reporting ethics violations or concerns) in liaison with the coordinator and Ethics Committees
- Review and categorise cases - assigning them to the appropriate committee members
- Coordinate with Local & Group Ethic Committee and drive the interviews with the decided inquiry team - striving for rapid and satisfactory conclusions
- Draft outcome reports and agree with stakeholders prior to uploading to the compliance system and conclusion of the case
- Monitoring and follow-up of all cases under process to ensure timely conclusion and overcome any obstacles preventing this
- Gather and review all cases reported to HR and make sure they are uploaded in CMS
- Assure the coherence of decisions taken versus nature of cases across the countries
- Follow up on all coaching and training decisions taken to ensure impact
- Act as coordinator to cover absence/leave to ensure continuity of service
- Document all changes / creation of processes linked to speak up cases
- Handle files, records and other appropriate documentation that are critical to maintaining a sustainable ethics and compliance program
- Update of all procedures related to Speak Up (i.e., change of framework, categorizations, stakeholders, etc.)
- Regular feedback meetings with Ethics Committees Oversight of Ethics-related internal communications including communication strategy development in collaboration with Communication Team (awareness, guidelines to use speak, etc.)
- Drive development, delivery, and implementation of ethics-related training topics in coordination with L&D
- Prepare bi-annual Speak Up Reports for Ethics Committee and other stakeholders (BOP, all employees through internal channels & Sustainability Report)
ANTI-CORRUPTION & HUMAN RIGHTS
- Drive the implementation of the anti-corruption and Human Right Programs (monitoring & reporting)
- Produce high-quality training materials with L&D and consultants (Anti-corruption, Human Rights, Code of Ethics & TIDE)
- Work with internal communications to develop business integrity communication
- Liaising with external bodies to be aware of changing industry requirements
- Visiting business units (support services & brands) to create awareness and ensure that agreed procedures are being implemented
- Visiting JVs to exchange on anti-corruption & Human Rights Reporting on implementation progress (awareness, trainings, visits, and breaches), issue a mapping of weak points & recommend solutions for improvement
- Drive the implementation of the crisis management project
- Work with consultants to develop a business continuity framework
- Ensure all technical support material is in place (IT, equipment, bank, emergency numbers, etc.)
- Training of assigned stakeholders (including all newcomers)
- Work with internal communications department to develop a high-impact communication plan
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ years of experience in an Ethics/ Compliance/Internal audit role, specifically related to employee matters
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of developing training materials and internal communications around compliance, anti-corruption and human rights policies
- Ability to train, conduct workshops and present to senior stakeholders
- FLUENCY IN ARABIC IS ESSENTIAL
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.