Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
As part of the Merchandising organization, you will have full ownership of department-level strategies and support other organizational strategic projects as part of our long-range plan. They will constantly analyze the business and execute actions based on learnings, involving calculated risks and bold decision-making. Demonstrate the ability to develop and nurture mutually productive relationships with both internal and external partners and is excited about using client feedback to create and execute merchandise strategies and assortment plans that deliver strong financial targets and delight our clients.
- Drive the overall strategic business vision for the business through competitive market analysis, a deep understanding of client and financial opportunities, and navigation of organizational roadblocks
- Partner with the Planning team to construct and manage the assortment to seasonal financial targets
- Leverage the expertise of cross-functional Data Scientists and the vast amount of client & style-specific feedback in building a robust vision for your product categories
- Relish the challenge of managing a multi-category and multi-channel growth business, each with different objectives, success metrics and expected key results
- Cultivate effective partnerships with external brands that support long term goals and fuel short term results when needed
- Depending on team, may partner with internal Design, Product Development and Technical Design teams to define the strategies, processes and vision that will deliver Private Label growth in a changing consumer market Identify and lead onboarding of new strategic partners/brands and exit vendors who are no longer aligned to departmental strategies or productivity measures
- Analyze business performance and present strategic next steps to the leadership team
- Lead a direct team and provide mentorship to other team members, prioritizing development, coaching, and clear/actionable feedback
- Hold team accountable to delivering product excellence, with a clear and consistent price/value relationship and client-first mindset
- Participate in cross-functional task forces in support of key strategic priorities as needed/available
- Support Merchandising Leadership Team with other projects and deliverables as needed
- Attend market meetings, trade shows or other vendor engagements as required
What you'll need to succeed
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, with 5+ years of industry experience, diversified across multiple categories, brands and/or channels (required).
- Experience in private label, market brands, and/or DTC is strongly preferred.
- You have at least 1 year of experience managing direct reports and are excited to mentor, develop and inspire others in their career journey
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.