Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a Womenswear Junior Buyer. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for style and trends, with demonstrated success leveraging data and client feedback to shape rebuy and refresh opportunities. You must have proven ability to develop close working relationships with your team and long term partnerships within the supply base. You will take ownership of an area of the Womenswear with support and guidance from a Senior Buyer and be able develop and execute departmental strategies that deliver strong financial results and delight all Wear That clients.
- Own a clothing category within the Women’s Own Buy team, whilst supporting the Senior buyer on additional categories.
- Partner with the merchandising team to create and execute departmental strategies to meet and exceed financial targets, whilst delighting our clients with the product offering and quality.
- Critically analyze data findings on a weekly basis to support commercial decisions and improve sales performance.
- Develop strong working relationships with your supply base, both long and short lead time whilst continuing to improve IMU% and flexibility in the supply chain, adapting to the needs of the business.
- Play an important role in fit sessions, partnering with the garment technologist to deliver product with great fit and size feedback, whilst identifying opportunities for improvement through the rich sources of client feedback.
- Manage a Merchandise Assistant, leading and coaching through critical path and sample management, prioritizing daily tasks and providing administrative support when needed.
- Liaise with key cross functional partners in Marketing, Styling, Customer Service, PR and Ops to drive business success and process improvements
- Explore new innovations in the world of buying, from 3D design and fit technology to leveraging cross-functional expertise from our data scientist and algorithm teams
What you'll need to succeed
- You are an experienced Assistant Buyer or Junior Buyer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a retail-related role and have spent at least 3 years at the Assistant Buyer level.
- You have at least 3 year of experience managing direct report(s) and are excited to continue developing your people leadership skills
- You have strong knowledge of retail math and business metrics and have established a keen eye for upcoming trend
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.