Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
The Strategy, Growth, Innovation & Investments (SGII) team in Dubai is responsible for driving sustainable and profitable long-term growth for the group, with a valuation mindset. The team pursues this by:
- Accelerating and enabling relevant tech-enabled solutions
- Investing in globally positioned or regionally relevant products, brands, or designers in the luxury fashion and beauty categories
- Expanding into new and existing territories through partners with strong track records and leading local expertise where the Group brand relationships, resources, and industry expertise can build significant and sustainable platforms for growth.
- Actively managing legacy investment portfolio to create value, unlocking synergies leveraging our group ecosystem, and ultimately deliver successful consolidation or exit with maximum returns.
- Developing extension opportunities and new partnerships beyond the core categories
What you will be doing
We are seeking a Finance Analyst to reinforce our SGII Finance team. In this role you would be working in a fast-paced, innovative environment that offers great exposure to the business leaders and an opportunity to grow, learn, collaborate and have fun!
Growth, Mergers, Acquisitions & New Ventures:
- Develop complex financial models and sensitivities to support Board decision making and make an appropriate valuation of several scenarios.
- Co-lead the relationship with Consulting Firms; due diligence plans for new investments
Financial Analysis and Benchmarking:
- Deploy Cost Structure in depth review for each Operation and benchmark against best practices in retail & distribution.
- Full in-depth Payroll (together with the Infrastructure Head) & Overhead’s review (Rentals, legal contracts, office expenses, logistic contracts, warehouses, etc.)
- Develop value creation plans for each of the Operations finding profit improvement Opportunities.
Planning, Forecasting & Budgeting:
- Develop & Consolidate Financial Statement’s Budget (P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow)
- Track performance in the Monthly Business Review (Including P&L performance, DSO Receivables, Stock aging, receivables, productivity KPI’s)
- Support the development of Investments P&L’s and monthly cash flows. (EBITDA by brand, working capital requirements, equity injections, interest’s payments, dividends proceeding, tax payments, Capital & Interest repayments & capex requirements.
- Be able to automate dashboard on financial performance in Looker/ Power BI
Negotiation & Decision-Making:
- Support Financial Analysis, Pricing Analysis, and contractual negotiations with key Brands.
- Be able to lead the relationship with portfolio company Auditors and ensure a high level of compliance
Team Coordination & Knowledge Sharing:
- Team Management. Be a successful link between the companies in which Chalhoub had invested, coach & train their representatives (local partners, CFO’s, FM, Commercial teams) & be a key communicator in the relationship with Chalhoub’ top management (Growth Head; Chief Investment Officer; President Strategy, Growth & Investments).
- Educate local teams and share industry & Chalhoub ‘S best practices to the local teams.
What you'll need to succeed
- Financially Certified (ACCA, CPA, CFA) OR Master’s in Finance/MBA from a Top Tier International University would be a plus.
- 5-8 years of Working Experience with experience in at least one of the following: Big Four consulting in Transaction & Advisory Services, Investment Banking, Corporate Finance Experience in a Blue-Chip Multinational
- Highly analytical and detailed-oriented
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Capability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Strong Communication Skills. Experience with C- Level, Bankers, Consultants & Investors.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.