Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
As the Workplace Technology Manager, you will provide our Chalhoubees with a seamless experience when getting the best out of their technology devices and systems. You will take a holistic view of the Workplace Technology function and use your experience to optimise current processes, introduce new processes and continually raise the bar for our customers, looking after all the technology our Chalhoubees use on a daily basis making sure they are set up for success to be their most productive when it comes to using Workplace Technology in the Group.
You will manage a strong, diverse and pragmatic team that provides a range of services spanning Desktop Management through to Desktop Operations, distributed virtually and physically across multiple sites.
Reporting directly to the Head of Technology Operations, you will define and deliver a Workplace Technology strategy which focusses on the change, adoption and the game changing transformation for the workplace of the future here in Chalhoub.
You are a credible influencer with a strong background in workplace technology, particularly when it comes to workplace platforms and services in the Digital Technology landscape.
What you will be doing
- Experience working in digital technology workplace environments with proven experience in leading core desktop management and desktop operations teams that facilitate, promote and adopt technology such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, VDI and UEM technologies
- Experience working with core collaboration platforms including MS Teams, Slack, Google Workplace, Audio Visual and Meeting Room services
- An understanding of how Technology can be leveraged and implemented at an enterprise level across an organisation to facilitate customers to use their technology with ease to be their most productive
- Proven experience in delivering a frictionless and seamless experience to customers, demonstrating your understanding of an organisation’s needs and the right technology which drives a smarter way of working
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, leading internal and external teams and managing virtual teams across the UAE and India
- Experience identifying and managing cross-functional and non-functional requirement (NFR) dependencies between multiple programmes of work which spans the Workplace Technology domain
- Strong financial/budget management experience, particularly on core aspects of Desktop Management such as Hardware and Software licensing, desktop consumables and peripherals; and costs associated with all aspects of Desktop Support
- A strong level of experience in defining standards around Workplace Technology, key aspects of provisioning desktop technology and assets as well as aspects of end user services that drive collaboration such as steaming and audio video conferencing tools
- An excellent understanding and experience in desktop management and desktop operations, including but not limited to desktop technology improvements, site and store refreshes/new site and store fit-outs, large desktop application and OS deployments, process changes and enhancements
- A wide latitude in determining creative internal tech solutions to meet the strategic needs of an organisation
- Strong experience in driving a digital workplace transformation including operational readiness, early adopter and pilot programs, end user adoption and support
- Strong proven experience in vendor management including defining and negotiating MSAs, SLAs and defining support solutions that meet agreed SLAs with the business
What will be your responsabilities
- Accountable for defining the Workplace Technology strategy and roadmap and implementation plans of which the adoption of digital collaboration capabilities is crucial
- Line manage team leads and oversee the day-to-day activities of a wider team of Workplace Technology Analysts, who provide support to all customers across the UAE and India
- Be accountable for prioritisation, planning and delivery of the services in Workplace Technology, working closely with the relevant stakeholders
- Undertake effective financial management and build business cases to demonstrate how workplace technology will add benefit and value, as well as enhancing the Tech experience for our fellow Chalhoubees
- Define MSAs and solutions with suppliers undertaking core vendor management to form a Service Catalogue that will exceed expectations
- Drive the identification of features and functional enhancements which will improve the value proposition of our Workplace Tech
- Ensure your teams are structured to support business growth and provide a game changing support experience for our customers whilst delivering the next generation Workplace technology across the Group
- Act as the primary point of contact for escalations, dealing with customers directly where required
- Develop and manage SLAs that align with customer's needs, accountable for achieving SLA commitments and customer satisfaction; develop and deliver monthly service reviews which you will present to the Head of Technology Operations monthly
- Manage services within budget guidelines, developing cost control measures as necessary; provide input into budget with regards to hardware and software upgrades, consumable items and peripherals
- Drive continuous improvement through automation, self-service and knowledge base growth to decrease incident volumes; undertake deep dives to ensure that problem records have a root cause identified in a timely manner
- Accountable for the Asset Management of hardware and software; undertake capacity planning to determine hardware and software deficiencies and needs across our internal customer base
- Responsible for conducting tech induction briefings for all staff and preparing devices for new and existing staff; ensuring your teams are providing individual training and support on request and assists customers in understanding and using technology by conducting regular adoption, change and training sessions
- Work closely with the Service Transition Manager around Service Design and Transition activities for existing and future services that will be supported in part/entirely by the Workplace Technology teams
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong experience in leading people and stakeholder management experience at a senior level
- Strong understanding and support of end to end Workplace Technology and the management of KPIs and SLAs across a team with skills and experience based both locally and virtually
- Ability to deliver consistently professional, high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; professional demeanour – meeting and exceeding expectations, delivering a high-quality best in class service for our customers who use our technology and demonstrating innovation and creativity when leading teams to develop solutions to meet customer needs
- A proven ability to plan, organise, prioritise, manage and track numerous concurrent activities to successful outcomes
- Knowledge of and experience with Office 365/Slack/Google Workspace products and emerging features
- Experience in user adoption strategies for collaboration capabilities in a large-scale enterprise
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fluid environment
- Strong investigative and analytical skills to identify problems and develop solutions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a busy, dynamic work environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical management or technical lead position
- ITIL foundation certification required
- Demonstrated working knowledge of moderately complex hardware and software products and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Broad range of network and desktop knowledge spanning iOS/Windows/Android
- Strong AV, Video Conferencing, VOIP Exposure
- Strong experience of MDM, MAM and Mac Management tools such as Ivanti/Sorti/SCCM (UEM preferred but not essential)
- Strong experience of Desktop application Management
- Strong experience of AD/Intune
- Good experience of Automation Tools, from inception through to implementation
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.