Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
The Senior transfer pricing associate will embed a culture of compliance in relation to Transfer Pricing and wider BEPS initiatives in the Group’s commercial and finance operations. They will assist with all Transfer Pricing filings within the Group and advise commercial teams on specific transactions.
- Organizational: Ensure Group regulatory compliance department’s policies, processes and standard operating procedures are carried out appropriately by accounting and commercial departments
- Operational: Advise the business in structuring transactions through tax technical analysis and providing solutions that are compliant with tax regulations
- Undertake ESR health checks for all relevant jurisdictions including partnering with the business to ensure that their needs are met in a compliant manner.
- Performing TP health checks, TP compliance procedures and issues identification and resolution, in conjunction with our advisors whilst ensuring the commercial aspect continues.
- Lead the CbC report and notification filings for the Group.
- Local file and Master file preparation in conjunction with the business.
- Keep abreast of new transfer pricing developments in the region to ensure all filings are made on a timely manner.
- Create detailed simulations regarding future tax developments e.g. pillar 1 and 2 proposals
- Under the supervision of the tax manager, ensure that regulatory compliance department objectives are met
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Review transactions, contracts and documents to ensure compliance with TP / tax / other regulations and escalate incorrect treatments
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Represent the Group in communications with tax authorities when required during tax inspections and / or audits
- Have good accounting knowledge to support with TP reconciliations with accounting records
- Demonstrate good organizational and project management skills
- Work on projects assigned by tax manager to improve compliance scorecard of the Group companies
What you’ll need to succeed
- 4-5 years of experience in the same field COMPETENCIES
- Being Inclusive
- Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
- Communicating effectively
- Data Gathering and Reporting
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
- Driving Results
- Project management - CIMA
- Tax audit * Tax planning
- Tax return preparation and review
- Taxation law
- Understanding & Developing Self
- Working with Excel
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.