Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure Group accounting policies, processes and standard operating procedures are carried out appropriately by accounting and commercial departments.
- Liaise with Finance, Group Treasury, Legal and others to ensure group projects comply with Accounting standards.
- Assist with and coordinate group audits, including assisting with complex audit matters
- Overseeing reporting for holding companies, along with advising on corporate structure including rationalising and redomiciliations.
- Budgeting and analsying budget-to-actuals for full Accounting and Fiscal Compliance vertical, including reporting to senior management. Support price negotiations with customers
- Preparing and presenting key operational information to senior management
- Lead the Group’s Accounting control framework monitoring, including internal peer reviews and refinement.
- Assist the Group’s Regional Finance team in their P/L, BS and cashflow reporting including providing recommendations for improvements and automations.
- Support Accounting Leadership with employee experience initiatives
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Being proactive in respect of future financial and accounting challenges that may affect the group
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate good organisational and project management skills
- Work on ad hoc projects across the business.
What you’ll need to succeed
- The Accounting business partner will partner with Accounting, Finance the wider Operations community and commercial teams to ensure that the Group’s accounting Goals are met, be it technical (looking at standards) to day-to-day matters (ensuring processes are performed to expectations).
- Have strong technical knowledge of Accounting (IFRS standards) and finance.
- Strong internal controls knowledge
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CA, CPA)
- Working knowledge of corporate taxes, direct and indirect
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in English with experience working in a professional services firm (big 4 preferred). Arabic speaking candidates preferred
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.