Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 700 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation’s growth, we are looking to develop a world class digital and e-commerce capability. Building on our strong data foundations, we are looking to create an agile and truly customer-centric organisation to deliver significant growth. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Manager to join a leading retail group in the Middle East, working as part of the Digital Technology team.
You will be responsible for overseeing the planning, execution, and maintenance of the customer products’ roadmaps. You will act as the glue between brands and customer teams to develop the business roadmap, translate it into a technology roadmap and bring it to life.
This is a high leverage role where you will be the gatekeeper between Tech and the rest of the company. Qualified candidates will be analytical, extremely organized and customer centric. You will work closely with internal engineering teams and external vendors to roll out existing products across brands, develop new features, enhancements, prioritize requests and bugs. You will have a team of a scrum master, technical lead and business analysts reporting to you. You will be expected to be working with a set of high caliber business counterparts, including the Chief Customer & Marketing Officer, customer experience managers, product managers and technology business partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead product management efforts for the Tech department with responsibility of working with the customer acquisition & retention directors and tech business partners in defining the related product roadmap, business plans and product offers.
- Develop decisive strategies that deliver tangible business results.
- Work closely with stakeholders and project owners to collect business objectives and requirements to clearly define, document and scope products, projects, and initiatives.
- Work with the procurement team to provide inputs to RFPs and participate actively in product selection.
- Work with product and ecommerce managers to identify customer needs and competitor solutions to drive new business opportunities and create disruptive experiences.
- Articulate and justify a compelling vision of the products in the market, encompassing where consumer behavior will go and how that will affect industry economics.
- Conduct market analysis and opportunity assessment for current and future products aimed at maximizing revenues and margins.
- Manage supplier relationships and internal teams to ensure roadmap requirements are adopted and delivered on time.
- Work with Tech Operations and business teams to streamline and optimize the support process and approach with internal teams and external suppliers.
- Be a gatekeeper for the integrity and business value of the Customer and Marketing systems/products (CRM, Clientelling App, Customer Service, Voice of Customer, Marketing Cloud, Group Loyalty etc.)
- Support and influence the overall customer strategy through partnering with customer experience and key business stakeholders.
- Remove technology challenges impacting our customers and stability of our customer experience across channels.
- Communicate product status reports, assessing risk and new opportunities.
- Ensure the teams are operating in an agile manner to deliver fast-paced, features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Work across department and various technology and business channel teams (online and offline) to ensure smooth collaboration and a common strategy and planning.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- An experienced leader capable of influencing and inspiring cross-functional teams to challenge the norm and deliver innovative solutions against ambitious vision and targets.
- Be able to turn strategy into reality and who can inspire people at a senior level across the business, the wider Group and key external partners.
- Proven experience of defining and delivering customer products (CRM, loyalty, clientelling) for leading retailers.
- Proven experience of identifying and managing strategic partnerships to improve customer experience and financial targets.
- Preferably held a similar role with another retailer or pure player and showing a detailed understanding of the GCC retail customer and market.
- Experience in CRM and marketing Products is a must.
- Experience in Salesforce Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud preferred
- Experience of the customer journeys and customer marketing concepts a must.
- Experience of working in global and virtual teams and engaging with subject matter experts.
- Strong commercial and operational mindset, constantly focusing on delivering value to customers.
- Clear understanding of emerging technologies and enhancements that will allow processes improvements and enhanced business functionality.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work with individuals in various organizational relationships.
- Experience working closely with partners in developing joint solutions.
- Proven ability to successfully manage the product life cycle of complex solutions.
- Ability to work with senior management and technical teams to produce world class products.
- Strong delivery focus, ability to work by objectives and against targets.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to look beyond current patterns and paradigms to envision the future of customer experience, acquisition and retention.
- Strong leadership and storytelling skills.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.