Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
The Merchandise Planner II will use a data-driven approach to optimize sales, margin and inventory in an omni-channel environment. They will forecast future seasonal demand at category – subcategory level for each region, maximize sell-thru in-season by collaborating with key stakeholders: Commercial, Finance, E-commerce and Buying.
Responsible to lead the OTB, pricing & gross margin impact, end of product lifecycle process working in collaboration with Commercial, Buying, Finance, E-commerce as well as other roles within Supply Chain.
- Define the sales plan and OTB by partnering with Buying, Finance, Retail, and Ecommerce business to develop the merchandise strategy, using data-driven input from sales trends, market conditions and supplier demands to drive profitable decision making
- Develop and provide buying with category assortment recommendations plans and sizing analysis by Channel / Region / Store and sell through reports at SKU Level by stores which are aligned with the merchandise strategy and proactively suggest improvements to optimize revenue and profitability through what if Scenarios.
- Monitor Inventory Aging and recommend actions on markdowns and liquidation to achieve inventory targets considering Category and Brand identity
- Drive pricing strategy and plan seasonal markdowns by item to maximize sales and gross margin in collaboration with Buying and Retail.
- Assess and highlight risks and opportunities on sales, gross margin and inventory, based on supply or demand gaps, recommending possible solutions.
- Re-plan business in-season based on latest performance and present it to management with recommendations
- Monitor inventory mix in each location and recommend seasonal stock transfers, if needed, in order to boost sales
Typical KPI for this function: • Stock Holding • Quality of the stock mix • Aging of the stock • Net Working Capital • Range efficiency • Forecast accuracy • Full Price Sell Through
What you’ll need to succeed
• Preferably graduated with a Bachelor degree in Science or Business • 4+ years of experience in Planning in Fashion Retail or FMCG • Highly analytical and data-driven working comfortably with quantitative figures • Advanced knowledge of excel and MS office and planning tools • Experience in of forecasting, merchandise planning, allocation, replenishment and financial planning processes and systems • Commercially minded problem-solver with proven track-record of delivering financial targets • Strong stakeholder management, aiming for win-win solution • Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills • Knowledge of retail & fashion business • Communicate with candor and value open debate to ensure the best ideas come to life, collaborating with stakeholders • Self starter enthusiastic and pragmatic • Proficient in the English language • Full Price Gross Margin COMPETENCIES * Analytical Thinking * Being Inclusive * Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust * Communicating effectively * Demonstrating Customer Centricity * Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change * Driving Results * Inventory Management - GCF * Merchandising * Planning, forecasting and budgeting * Price Management * Supply Planning * Understanding & Developing Self
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.