Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
Our General Manager for Beauty Division is responsible for leading the design and implemention of the strategy, goals and objectives, setting budgets and commercial targets of their brand(s) in alignment with the Vice President’s strategic direction for the short and long term.
In addition, our General Manager is responsible for driving the growth and development of their brand(s), whilst also reviewing and supporting the management of the current operational growth of retail/wholesale, commercially and financially.
Our General Manager will enable our business to achieve results through driving the capability of its human capital and promoting knowledge and information sharing whilst ensuring compliance within the Group’s guidelines.
- Develop the business plan of the brand(s) in line with the strategic direction of the vertical and seek the buy-in of the Vice President (where applicable) or President
- Agree on portfolio’s commercial KPIs for the year with Vice President/President (where applicable) and cascade to team accordingly; continuously monitor progress and development towards strategic objectives
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers, marketing, merchandising and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity…)
- Partner with Group leadership and run projects that enhance efficiencies around cost and time (i.e. any transformation or automation projects)
- Set the yearly fiscal and manpower budgets of the brand(s) with plans and needs and leverage available dashboards to monitor budget materialization
- Ensure People KPIs (i.e. nationalization, turnover rates) are agreed and cascaded to Line Managers (where applicable)
- React with agility to underperforming or successful initiatives
- Develop an evolving hybrid customer journey allowing to build, grow and sustain a community of loyal customers
- Manage store network investments (opening, renovation and closing) and digital investments (e.g. eCommerce, apps, digital in store, etc.)
- Create a strong digital revenue channel for the brand(s)
- Manage contracts and agreements with Brand(s) and request legal advisory where needed
- Align operationally with Brand(s) for implementation of contractual agreement
- Develop long-term vision for the category and a brand acquisition strategy
- Prepare a compass, identify gaps in portfolio to match customer’s aspirations and scout new brands
- Ensure that IRR by store conforms to the Group’s guidelines
- Manage portfolio of brands (scale fast successful brand or terminate quickly failed brand)
- Review bi-annual list of bad performing stores(retail-specific)/retailers (distribution-specific) to ensure remedial plan is implemented
- Ensure all OPEX and CAPEX commitments remain within monthly budget allotments
- Ensure that monthly and annual financial statements prepared by own financial team reflect the financial position of Boat
- Deliver business KPIs as agreed with VP (budget, PandL, People Metrics)
- Mentor and coach team and lead them to achieve brands’ vision and business plans milestones
- Assign operational responsibility to team while keeping accountability of deliverables
- Identify gaps in competences and manpower in team and find remedies with the help of the People Partner and Digital Business Manager
- Participate in Group’s succession planning by identifying high potential within the team, especially potential captains
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience in identifying, pursuing and capturing new business opportunities
- Experience in financial management and omni-channel know-how
- Able to build and nurture relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to build credibility and trust with leader of business internally and externally
- Servant leadership and growth mindset with skills to inspire high performing and experienced multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in developing and managing a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience
- Master’s Degree in Operations Management/ Business Administration or any related field
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant beauty experience with at least 5 years in a similar role
- Arabic and English speaking candidate, French is a plus.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.