Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
An incredible opportunity for a Group Data Protection Officer to join our Legal Department has arisen. You will be responsible for providing high quality, accurate and clear advice to the business on all data protection and information privacy issues to ensure compliance throughout the business. This is an important role to the business as it continues to drive a strong data protection compliance and mindset across all business activities. You will have the ability to analyse complex issues and provide effective and straightforward commercial solutions or escalate upwards to relevant Directors and the Legal Counsel/ board/ Authorities as necessary. You will need to draw upon your in-depth experience of the Data Protection regulatory regime (including information sharing and marketing communications), and experience of working in a fast-paced, private sector commercial environment. You’ll have a real opportunity to strategically advise the business as it grows.
What you’ll do to succeed
• Implement a privacy governance framework to manage data use in compliance with the Data Protection Laws, including managing data protection impact assessments, data privacy audits, assisting with data mapping, and vendor management reviews.
• Collaborate with key internal stakeholders in the review of data heavy projects to ensure compliance with local data privacy laws, and where required, complete and advise on privacy impact assessments
• Act as the primary point of contact and liaison for the Data Office/SDAIA as well as internally for queries in the business.
• Monitor and supervise consents needed to implement projects in partnership with the firm’s (procurement, tech, data, legal, and security) functions, and ensuring filing requirements with local regulators are achieved.
• Manage and conduct ongoing reviews of organisations privacy governance framework
• Monitor changes to local privacy laws and making recommendations to high level management when appropriate.
• Collaborate with the information/security/data function(s) to raise employee awareness of data privacy and providing training to data heavy business functions on such matters
• Coordinate with the information, data, and security function(s) to maintain records of all data assets and exports and formulating a data security incident management plan to facilitate remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications, and responding to subject access requests.
• Ensure that all parts of the business are continually compliant with all relevant data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
• Manage and responsible for all requests received by the business, supported by the Data Protection Assistant where necessary.
• Provide data protection and privacy guidance and sign off for a wide range of projects, assisting with privacy impact assessments, where necessary.
• Undertake Group-wide gap analysis for compliance (including coordinating advice from advisers across territories).
• Proactive to carry out audits to assess for improvements and areas of non-compliance
• Evaluate the existing framework in place and strategically develop the framework over time to ensure maximum compliance.
• Act as the primary point of contact for regulators and relevant organisations
• Implement a Group-wide risk management framework.
• Develop and implement standardized processes, procedures and documentation globally across the Group.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.