Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, creativity comes alive! Working as a Visual Merchandiser you will be responsible for organising and deploying high quality visual merchandising strategies across stores. Our Visual Merchandiser is also responsible for coaching the store based VMs, as well as ensuring consistency of standards.
- Implement high quality visual merchandising strategy and presentations through seasonal event calendar and brand guidelines
- Coach and build strong relations with in-store VM teams (if applicable) and frontline team, so that they can help maintain display
- Measure the impact of merchandising action plans and issue weekly report to the Regional team/ VM Manager (if applicable) with photographs, comments and measurements of sales impact
- Follow and implement brand seasonal VM guidelines
- Help prepare and Invite in-store VM team to attend Brand training events and workshops
- Work closely with Marketing to provide support throughout the management of internal brand events
- Guide the installation of window and in store animations, design events and campaigns in line with the global marketing and event calendars
- Conduct regular store and market visits to check adherence to Brand standards and report back to the Regional team/ VM Manager (if applicable)
- Stay up to date with Brand activities and external competitor activities
- Define the implementation in store for all launches/animations
- Work closely with the Graphic Design team to produce the visuals
- Order POS tools from the Brand headquarters and/or produce locally
- Review the suggested merchandising plan linked to launches and provide input
- Communicate the merchandising guidelines to the stores and follow-up on installation
- Ensure merchandising levels in the store are met as per the Brand’s guidelines
- Follow the performance of the ranges and categories, and adjust the merchandising if necessary
- Propose any merchandising amendments enabling an optimization of the turnover by m²
- Manage new projects merchandising in coordination with the Marketing team (order and implementation)
- Implement new store concept whenever needed
- Work on the planograms for new store openings
- Work on the floor plans and zoning of the new stores
- Determine and order the store merchandising elements and small furniture/decoration
- Work in coordination with logistics to ensure the dispatch of the PLV furniture
- Define the minimum merchandising for all new launches
- Communicate with retail manager on out of stock situations
- Communicate with retail manager on impact of new merchandising on sales
What you'll need to succeed
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.