Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
The Lead Operability Engineer has strong organizational skills as well as a deep understanding of enterprise application operations with a strong devops background, whilst specializing in Digital Event Management working alongside Digital Operations teams on a day-to-day basis.
The complete monitoring, configuration of alerting for end-to-end availability, uptime and performance of the Digital products will sit with the Lead Operability Engineer; you will be responsible for maintaining, developing and enhancing the enterprise event management platforms that are the eyes and ears of the entire Digital operation that underpins the Group.
What you'll be doing
* Managing respective monitoring and alerting tools across the Digital Technology domain, enabling the automation of all development, quality assurance, and production servers as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery for our monitoring and alerting platforms.
* Driving operational support requirements and implementing them in our monitoring and alerting stacks; working closely with Group Architecture and Engineering teams on devising an enterprise event management roadmap for the Digital Technology domain.
* A strong problem solver, who takes initiatives on both process and solution improvements with the Digital Operations Manager and their teams particularly when it comes to Problem Management and solving deep routed issues in the Product stack.
* Verifying releases on an operational level such as stability and maintainability/support; focusing on performance operations with the Product teams and QA/Engineering teams.
* Undertake and deliver Operational Readiness on Monitoring & Alerting for all digital services across the Digital Technology Domain.
What you’ll need to succeed
* In depth architectural knowledge, focused on monitoring and operation of applications, specifically Digital Technology (eCommerce, CRM, Native Mobile, Integration, Mobile Technology, AWS to name a few).
* A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a DevOps capacity, preferably as a DevOps Engineer. Strong experience automating the managing large-scale infrastructure and have significant familiarity with DevOps tooling such as Puppet.
* Strong experience in systems automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation.
* Demonstrable experience in software development and experience working with tools and languages such as SaaS, Git, Python, Shell scripting.
* Experience in scaling distributed data systems, such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, among others.
* Experience of highly scalable systems, inclusive of frontend and backend web tiers.
* Keen understanding of monitoring solutions for all layers of web infrastructure.
* Good practice methodologies and tools for configuration and automation, with proven experience of working in Agile frameworks, including explicit knowledge of CI/CD processes and technology.
* Strong knowledge of different cloud platforms (AWS) & services (i.e., SaaS, PaaS, IaaS – terraform, terragrunt).
* Experience of containerization such as Kubernetes, Docker; knowledge of serverless technology and digital hosting systems (Fargate, AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Run, GCP).
* Awareness and use of DEVOPS tools for Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) - experienced with Jenkins and Software repository tools/environments like GitHub.
*Excellent attention to detail and analytical problem-solving skills.
*Excellent strong and proactive "can-do" attitude.
*Good Communication and relationship management skills.
*Analytical, detail-orientated, can communicate clearly, effectively and influence in the right way.
*Knowledge of Salesforce commerce and CRM would be advantageous but not essential.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.