Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
Within Guerlain MEA department, and reporting to the Commercial Area Manager based in Dubai, the Visual Merchandiser will have the responsibility to ensure Brand execution in the POS, in line with Ambition of the Brand in the country and guidelines provided by Marketing and Merchandising departments.
POS FOLLOW UP
- Ensure the execution of the guidelines Marketing and Merchandising of all the POS of the country in collaboration with Merchandising team: planograms, visuals, updates, animation tables
- Be the main contact of the suppliers for all these updates: from brief to quotation to set up in POS / Be a support to Merchandising team when building up seminars or any activity specifically linked to UAE local market (events, Training, seminars)
- Send all information in terms of planograms, visuals, to Sales team (Field Supervisor, Training) and Retailers shop managers and store managers to ensure perfect execution.
- Ensure market visits on regular basis (2/3 days per week) to ensure that POS execution is immaculate and work in collaboration with Field supervisors if elements missing
- Be the ambassador of the brand in terms of retail execution towards Sales population (HQ and POS team)
- Ensure the follow up of Trade plans: update the follow up file to communicate to Merchandising department, brief to suppliers, set up and POSM orders, installation and set up on field
FORECAST AND BUDGETING
- Build up a Bible Panorama with the whole perimeter of the region to ensure a clear follow up of the country
- Build up the forecast for all POS materials needed for each campaign based on budgets and needs in line with recommendation
- Build the yearly budget on monthly basis for all costs related to Merchandising: visuals, animation tables, maintenance, Trade; that will be underviewed by Commercial Area Manager (twice a year)
- Follow up on expenses vs budget forecasts/with negotiation part to meet with budgets and communicate to Sales Coordinators POs to be able to pay the suppliers
- Ensure that all forecasts done are used at the end of year and work in close collaboration with Sales Coordinator to ensure minimum leftovers
- Work on quarterly reportings of all the activities of our TOP doors to be shared to Management
Competition overview: take best practices and benchmarks of podiums, POS to share to Management
- Monthly review and reporting along with Field Supervisors to ensure the perfect execution in the POS
What you'll need to succeed
- University graduate with at least 2 years retail experience on VM position
- Former experience in Perfumes & Cosmetic industry and in the region is a plus to apprehend the position
- Fluent in English and Arabic is a must; French is a plus but not mandatory
- Familiar with MS Office such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Digital tools expertise
- Strong presentation skills and organisation skills
- Client oriented and great communication skills as well as results driven
- Detail oriented with a real sensitivity on Brand Image and execution
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.