Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 700 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organization’s growth, we are looking to develop a world-class digital and e-commerce capability. Building on our strong data foundations, we are looking to create an agile and truly customer-centric organization to deliver significant growth. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Our eCommerce Manager will be responsible for conceptualizing, recommending, and analyzing the strategic E-commerce function.
He/ she will lead online P&L, the delivery of profitable sales growth through managing merchandise in the online channel, and execution of a world-class customer experience that is consistent with the Global Brand strategy in all operating markets.
What you'll be doing
Strategy and Planning:
- Elaborate on the vision at the Division level and set up the yearly strategic plan and the yearly budgets in accordance with the Brand’s vision and mission.
- Responsible for the development of the annual online brand P&L budget and commercial / trading plan formulation and delivery in conjunction with the regional team(s).
- Conduct strategic meetings with suppliers and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity…)
Business Development/Relationship Management:
- Lead the implementation of new business strategies and new partner relationships to increase the reach of the Brand online.
- Develop new business strategies, tactical plans, and detailed business cases for new business development to rationalize resource investments.
- Responsible for delivering the underlying profitability through developing knowledge of key cost drivers from the P&L.
Web Analytics Management:
- Analyze web metrics and make recommendations to improve website performance including new ways to drive website traffic and revenue opportunities.
- Compile and analyze search data and metrics to make decisions regarding business strategy.
- Perform click-through rate, conversion, spending, and creative analysis to identify growth/optimization opportunities.
- Execute product strategy based on strategic objectives, customer needs, and Brand M&As.
- Hear the voice of the customer (and our associates) and represent it while working with various teams to build products that provide an unparalleled shopping experience by putting the customer first by identifying their current and future needs, pain points, and dreams.
- Communicate product priorities/direction to relevant stakeholders.
- Manage collaboration between teams (internal/external), and ensure accountability and ownership throughout the project work.
- Design, test, and manage customer-facing digital products to execute the vision of taking customer interaction to a new level, across multiple platforms.
- Conduct customer research and determine the user’s story. Draft and build digital product concepts, MVPs and staged products independently; conduct A/B tests and deep dives into customer behavior/interaction (with data) to uncover opportunities and drive business success.
- Identify opportunities, and goals and determine metrics for analytics.
- Grow digital products and services continuously to ensure our ultimate objective: state-of-the-art experiences.
- Plan and execute large-scale CX/UX development/improvement projects in coordination with external service providers.
- Create supporting project documentation and plan work streams; track and review product work/direction on a regular basis.
- Lead the prioritization of product development needs.
What you’ll need to succeed
- You have experience in fashion eCommerce.
- You have experience in scaling up an eCommerce business.
- You are driven, results-oriented, and determined.
- You have a user experience design skill set including data-driven analytics capabilities and a working understanding of web application technologies.
- You have excellent knowledge of Photoshop, HTML5 and CSS3 coding.
- You have a working knowledge of Dreamweaver/Visual Studio.
- You have a university Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any relevant field.
What We Offer
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities, and exposure to different assignments within your role.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, categories, and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, and exclusive employee discounts.