Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
Our Retail Design & Visual Merchandising Director will be the creative 'go to person' for the brand, act as the brands custodian and will be responsible for creating and implementing high quality visual merchandising and design strategies across the region in alignment with the brand's transformation journey and vision. This person will also be responsible for managing and overseeing the display in our stores and online, story telling, customer journey, campaigns and events organized in collaboration with all functions. A key aspect of the role will also be to create VM guidelines for our brands.
Our Retail Design & Visual Merchandising Director will also manage and coach a mix of regional and local visual merchandisers. The job holder of this position is responsible for the brand's retail concept design for a wide range of brands.
- Setting and implementing the Creative and Visual Merchandising strategy in line with the transformation, business vision and objectives and contribute to the overall process of decision-making
- Contribute to the Customer experience strategy and journey for the brand, providing ideas and suggestions on store design/ layout, etc., in collaboration with the Marketing team and Retail team
- Formuate the Retail Design and VM budget for the brand for the year, and allocate these in different areas to ensure the budget is optimized, utilized efficiently and adhered to
- Create new designs and strategy for online and offline channels, providing a 360 approach for the brand's transformation, ensuring great story telling to our customers and providing an excellent customer experience journey
- Lead the creative design strategy for all store openings, pop ups, collaborations, etc. in collaboration with all key stakeholders (Marketing, Supply Chain, Retail, eCom, etc.)
- Leading a team of regional and local visual merchandisers
- Inspire the team and provide continuous guidance and mentorship in order to create a performance-driven culture
- Liaise and work with key internal and external stakeholders (brands, agencies, designers, suppliers, etc.) to build strong relationships which mutually benefit the business
- Inspire and Create VM guidelines and standards liaising with our brands and ensure these are well cascaded and implemented consistently across the regions
- Contribute to the planning of marketing store events, and lead the implementation of all events in stores with regards to display, set up, planning, props, etc. in collaboration with the marketing team
- Attend global brand training and cascade learning to the Regional/ Local VM team through workshops and continued mentoring
- Collate reports from Regional/ Local VM including photographs commutating the implementation of new collection, store opening, events, novelties, special promotions, etc.
- Conduct regular store and market visits to coach the VM teams and check adherence to brands standards
- Ensure timely installations of all seasonal campaigns in line with the brand global marketing and event calendar
- Be on top of Creative designs, best practices , and latest design tendencies to implement suitable ideas for the brand and our boutiques
- Lead all creative and vm projects - collaborate with team members on requirements, determine feasibility of project and prepare cost estimates to meet project budget
- Review and assess project needs, strategize the store plan to meet the merchandising commercial needs in terms of: SKU & Density Calculations, Path to Sale, Sightlines, Navigation paths and Consumer experience
- Review and provide suggestions and ideas on design work utilizing specifications, sketches and ideas on developing designs, review shop drawings, specifications, cost estimates and construction material recommendation
What you’ll need to succeed
- Extremely creative
- Solid VM experience in retail sector
- Knowledge of design tools and systems
- Ability to build and lead a team of VMs
- Collaborative mindset and strong relationship building skills
- Strong commercial acumen
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.