INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up “The Greenhouse”, which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you will be doing
Our Retail Director is responsible for setting up the business plan of the Brand along with goals and objectives, budgets and commercial targets in alignment with the General Manager as well as Brand Owners’ strategic direction for the short and long term. In addition, our Retail Director is responsible for managing the human capital within the Brand, directly or through Department Managers, ensuring excellence of commercial performance. Your responsibilities will include:
- Elaborate the Brand’s vision and set up the yearly strategic plan and the yearly budgets in accordance with the General Manager
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers, marketing, merchandising and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity…)
- Work in close coordination with the General Manager and recommend ideal retail & wholesale mix (stores to shut, prospecting for new/existing wholesales deals)
- Monitor and direct daily operations to ensure that goals and objectives are met in term of sales targets, margin and profit and take corrective action when necessary
- Approve Brand mix and oversee smooth implementation of opening, closing and renovation of shops and often get involved with the buying process
- Maintain smooth relationships with Brand Owners to ensure sustainable brand growth in the middle east
- Align with eCommerce and e-Retail managers on a regular basis to ensure pricing alignment on all channels
- Ensure optimization of supply chain processes to protect margins
- Monitor and oversee the Brand’s budget and financial KPIs
- Analyze and improve cost effectiveness; prepare, review budget updates in collaboration the Retail Regional Manager
- Prioritize and allocate available resources, make recommendations for improvement and ensure maximum effective service provision
- Hold regular business reviews with General Manager to review final P&L
- Attend Area Managers’ meetings to review the shops performance: sales achievements, marketing activities, staff training, and provide reports to General Manager in a concise and informative manner
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities; provide action plans and follow up on implementation
- Assign individual objectives area management and merchandising teams, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of HiPOs within team
- Ensure optimization of resources through proper manpower planning
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong regional retail experience managing a large network of stores across the GCC and Middle East.
- Dynamic personality and ability to engage and animate teams
- Strategic mindset and business acumen
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and managing upwards
- Arabic fluency
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.