INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up “The Greenhouse”, which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, we share incredible experiences together! As a Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic development of the marketing plans, maintaining excellent relations with key suppliers and ensuring the implementation of action plans in accordance with the strategic direction of the General Manager.
Develop the business plan of the Marketing Department in line with the strategic objectives of the Brand
- Formulate and communicate the Marketing Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Develop the Marketing Department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfilment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the Marketing Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high-performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of the Marketing Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Marketing and Strategic Operations- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and mark-up factors
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers
- Participate with Brand/ Product Managers and/or the Division Manager in setting up the yearly plan suitable for the market and as per the brands guidelines
- Participate with the General Manager in strategic meeting with suppliers, regional teams…to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity…)
- Monitor the market trends, identify new target markets and determine potential positioning
- Coordinate with suppliers, contractors, logistics, marketing and merchandizing with regards to new openings, closing or renovation operations
- Maintain smooth relationship with the suppliers and business partners
- Follow up on sales reports and use information to take action when necessary
- Record, monitor and analyse market trends, and competitor activities and provides suggested action plans
- Provide the General Manager with quantitative and qualitative reports using data from market studies
- Assist the General Manager in defining the yearly strategic plan for the network and in preparing the yearly budgets and forecasted sales
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
- Manage the organization's resources within budget guidelines
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep management appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position
Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
What you’ll need to succeed
- 360 marketing experience within the GCC region
- High-end fashion/Jewellery experience
- Strong understanding of digital and retail marketing
- University Degree in Marketing or any relevant field/ Master’s degree is a plus
- Ability to manage and develop a team
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.