eCommerce Trading Director
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Our eCommerce Director will be responsible for conceptualizing, recommending and analyzing the strategic E-commerce function. A key business leader in the Brand Team who is responsible for the online P&L, delivering profitable sales growth through managing merchandise in the online channel, and the execution of a world class customer experience that is consistent with the Global Brand strategy in all operating markets.
What you'll be doing
Strategy and Planning:
- Elaborate the vision at the Division level and set up the yearly strategic plan and the yearly budgets in accordance with the Brand’s vision and mission
- Responsible for development of annual online brand P&L budget and commercial /trading plan formulation and delivery in conjunction with regional team(s)
- Conduct strategic meetings with suppliers and regional team to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity etc)
Business Development/Relationship Management:
- Lead the implementation of new business strategies and new partner relationships to increase the reach of the Brand online
- Develop new business strategy, tactical plans, and detailed business cases for new business development to rationalize resource investments
- Responsible for delivering the underlying profitability through developing knowledge of key cost drivers from the P&L
Web Analytics Management:
- Analyse web metrics and make recommendations to improve website performance including new ways to drive website traffic and revenue opportunities
- Compile and analyse search data and metrics to make decisions regarding business strategy
- Perform click through rate, conversion, spend and creative analysis to identify growth/optimization opportunities
- Execute product strategy based on strategic objectives, customer needs and Brand M&As
- Hear the voice of the customer (and our associates) and represent it while working with various teams to build products that provide an unparalleled shopping experience by putting the customer first through identifying their current and future needs, pain points, and dreams
- Communicate product priorities/direction to relevant stakeholders
- Manage collaboration between teams (internal/external), and ensure accountability and ownership throughout the project work
- Design, test and manage customer facing digital products to execute the vision of taking customer interaction to a new level, across multiple platforms
- Conduct customer research and determine the user’s story. Draft and build digital product concepts, MVPs and staged products independently; conduct A/B tests and deep dives into customer behavior/interaction (with data) to uncover opportunities and drive business success
- Identify opportunities, goals and determine metrics for analytics. Grow digital products + services continuously to ensure our ultimate objective: state of the art experiences
- Plan and execute large scale CX/UX development/improvement projects in coordination with external service providers
- Create supporting project documentation and plan work streams; track and review product work/direction on a regular basis
- Lead the prioritization of product development needs
What you’ll have:
- Extensive experience with eCommerce Trading/Merchandising
- Previous P&L ownership and handling large budgets
- Experience managing operations and building a team for an eCommerce Business
- Experience running A/B tests and leading optimization efforts
- Shopify, Salesforce CRM & Marketing experience is a plus
- Experience and knowledge of UX/UI
- Experience managing site merchandisers and performance marketers
- Strong knowledge and experience with growth strategies
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
- E-Commerce Manager
With our people at heart, we believe in building a diverse work environment that nurtures and celebrates people’s differences, offers equal opportunities to all and ensures that our team members have a sense of belonging.
eCommerce Trading Director
Loading application form
Already working at Chalhoub Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.