INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up “The Greenhouse”, which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
- Assess the requirements and coordinate with relevant internal/external stakeholders (Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Suppliers, Category Managers and Logistics)
- Handle the production of the annual calendar for the brands promotions, launches, etc.
- Brands Promotions
- Pricing Policies of Brands and Categories
- Benchmark current pricing vs. the competition and the peer market
- Recommend adjustments on the pricing policy to the GM/Captain
- Register newly imported brands to the market, in compliance with the regulations of each country
- Develop new merchandising aids, tools, and new concepts
- Coordinate new openings (Brands/Merchandising/Promotions) or refitting of sales areas
- Develop the business plan of the Department in line with the strategic objectives of the Brand
- Formulate and communicate the Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Develop the Department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfilment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of the Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Define the offer strategy for the stores in the designated area in alignment with the brand’s values
- Validate the strategy with the GM/Captain
- Negotiate annual commercial agreements and the commercialization of advertising spaces with the brands
- Drive the development of the margin and the budgetary objectives
- Category Performance Management:
- Benchmark current performance vs. the competition and the peer market
- Create different tools to improve the categories’ performance
- Manage segmentation, seasonal activities, action plans for the stores; follow up on the results
- Manage the existing catalogue, optimising on the mix at the points of sale
- Identify the products with potential and research new products
- Develop a wide range of services (skincare – make up – lessons – etc.) to be adapted to each category
- Prepare the periodic category reviews
- Create partnerships with the brands and follow up on the results
- Handle the negotiations with existing and potential partners
- Optimal Strategy Implementation:
- Optimize the merchandising plan and the allocation of space vs. the volume of margin
6. Team Management:
- Negotiate with suppliers for the stock returns (discontinued and slow movers)
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
What you’ll need to succeed
- proven experience in Buying
- proven experience in Supply Chain
- Professional level in English (speaking and writing)
- Arabic Speaking is a plus
- Multi Brands Management
- Strong Communication Skills is required
- Leadership skills
- Analytical Skills
- Advanced level in soft skills (MS Office) is required
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.