Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
Our National Retail Manager is responsible for implementing the regional retail goals and objectives, budgets and commercial targets in alignment with the Brand(s)’ strategic direction for the short and long term.
In addition, our Regional Retail Manager is responsible for the management of local retail networks, and managing the human capital in their region, directly or through Regional and Local Retail Teams ensuring excellence in retail performance.
- Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of Talents within team
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower team, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Provide data and comments to Regional Marketing Team on marketing plan during preparation (e.g. promotions, in-store activities)
- Ensure smooth coordination with Buying Team (e.g. Pre-Buying, Buying, Post-Buying, Product launches)
- Act as a coordinator between store network and back-office for smooth execution of activities
- Validate commission schemes for Store Managers
- Monitor that stock discrepancies and other variances in stores are kept at a minimum
- Organize Pre-Buying and Post-Buying sessions with buying team (e.g. calendar, mobilization of local teams) and participate to sessions in the countries
- Ensure new product launches or new season collections are properly explained to Area Sales Managers
- Monitor Shop Expenses to not exceed the budget
- Monitor that store operations are executed as per the Group’s guidelines
- Approve remedial plan for underperforming stores
- Propose remedial plan before store closure and phasing out plan during closure
- Monitor results of first 6 months of operations for new stores by building-up monthly target setting and assessment with Area Sales Managers
- Ensure that new store topline targets developed during IRR are accurate, achievable, challenging and meet management’s requests
- Provide accurate assumptions regarding monthly seasonality of turnover per store
- Contribute to sell thru and gross margin assumptions for purchase budget by providing accurate data per store
- Ensure that store topline developed during budget are accurate, achievable, challenging and meet management’s requests
- Propose topline and margin targets for budget of existing stores
- Approve exceptional commercial discounts to customers as per thresholds, in specific cases
- Propose KPIs to be added to overall Retail’s menu of manageable and simple drivers for store staff line targets
- Approve action plan to improve store top line and gross margin proposed by Area Sales Managers
- Ensure that annual and monthly sales targets per store are properly distributed to Area Sales Managers and communicated on time
- Set up targets by segments of key customers per store (development of average and total value of purchase, increase of product mix) to Area Sales Managers and monitor performance vs. targets
What you’ll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience in Retail or Distribution industry
- Expert in planning and implementing sales strategies.
- Focused on customer relationship management.
- Skilled at managing and directing a sales team.
- Dedication to providing great customer service.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.