INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up “The Greenhouse”, which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Our People Partner is responsible for the implementation of Group wide policies and procedures as well as implementing brand specific People strategies within their area of focus. The role holder will be accountable for supporting across multiple brands, with a lens on continually monitoring, reporting and enhancing the local employee experience. The role be required to focus on both HR operations and strategic imperatives, requiring a solid HR background and the ability to collaborate and partner at all levels in the business.
- Through guidance from the Head of People /People Partners, implement the Group’s HR polices and procedures and support with brand or business unit specific projects, campaigns or initiatives:
- Support the business unit People team with recruitment, performance management, succession planning, retention, talent development, compensation and rewards, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Work closely with the business unit People Data Analyst and People Partners to manage workforce planning locally, ensuring vacancies are managed in line with the approved budget and executed as per the correct recruitment process and present final outputs to brand leaders.
- Escalate or respond to employee feedback to ensure local approaches motivate and develop employees to deliver high quality, customer‐centred services.
- Be an active and effective member of the Leadership Team, and stakeholder meetings representing the voice of our People and providing guidance around Group HR polices, approaches, and Culture transformation.
- Lead the development and implementation of local People strategies.
- Implement brand specific employee onboarding, training and development programs to improve the depth and breadth of employee’s skills set and to raise awareness around behavioural, technical and leadership competencies.
- Work with the Group’s Talent Acquisition team to ensure internal and external recruiting strategies result in relevant, high calibre candidates being identified.
- Work closely with Group HR to implement the annual performance management cycle.
- Partner with Group Rewards to review and monitor the effectiveness of employee commission schemes and put forward recommendations for change.
- Support with the delivery of employee profiling to identify our HiPoS and to support development discussions; educate teams around career paths and support all succession planning and talent development activities.
- Collaborate with learning team to assess training needs so relevant and inspiring training and development programmes are available and monitor the brand’s training budget and individual’s learning consumption.
- Use all available HR data to ensure HR analytics supports all reporting, action planning and decision making and put forward business requirements when needed.
- Work closely with People Data Analyst to update reporting lines and cost centre allocations
- Champion both Group and brand specific Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, with a key focus on culture change, nationalisation and employee wellbeing.
- Collaborate with the Group’s People Experience team to design employee engagement surveys, and be accountable for the necessary action planning and improvement goals.
- Manage all people and process related employee communications, using My Chalhoub and other inspirational approaches to embed key messages.
- Participate in the recruitment process through assessment centres or competency-based interviews.
- Review all proposed internal transfers within the vertical and provide recommendations.
- Respond to or escalate all employees’ grievances and follow through till resolution.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.